Monday, June 29, 2009

My Mystery Diagnosis

okay so I'm just going to start from the start, and try to go slow.

It all happened on Thursday, June 4th, I was just doing whatever and just hanging out with my family. All of a sudden I had this very sharp, very painful pain going through my body. It's kinda hard to explain but it felt like my whole body had gone weak. This only lasted for about 10-12 minutes, so I was able to go downstairs and ask my mom for some ibuprofen (sp?) because of my pain. So she gave me ibuprofen and about 5 minutes later or so I had a VERY sharp pain in my lower left side, which did not go away like the other pain had. I had this at around 10:00pm and by 12:00pm it was still persisting. So my parents both decided that it would be best to find out what was wrong with me, so my mom drove me to the ER at Northside Hospital.

Our wait was very short, and we were almost immediately sent to a room where I could lie down and rest a little. about 10-15 minutes later a doctor came in to ask me why I had come in and to attach an IV to my arm. :P this is defiantly not my favorite, but after she had convinced me to do it =) she took some blood, and then put some pain medication inside of it. after a while they came back, added some Nasia medicine to my IV, and then left. Eventually the results were in for my blood test, and it was negative. SO, because the pain was still there they decided in order to cross out the possibility of having Appendicitis they had to do a CT scan. This would tell them if I did have it. So little did I know I had to drink 2 32oz cups of "shake" aka grossness... or so I call it glow in the dark paint. Basically to my knowledge it helps glow my insides so they can see better then if they were to not have it in my body. The actual CT scan really wasn't that bad. We went back to our room and waited. The CT scan came back and they told me I had an Ovarian Cyst. This was relieving to me to know what it was.

The doctors were VERY nice and told me it would go away on it's own. But about 3 weeks later on the 24th, we noticed that the pain was NOT going away, and apparently Cysts don't hurt until they burst. So there basically was no way that, that could be causing me pain. My dad then decided it would be smart to get an ultrasound to see what was going on. Because of my dad's situation in the medical field, I was able to go to Scottish Rite (where he was working that day, he originally works at Children's Hospital at Egleston) and have him give me an ultrasound. after he had done it he noticed that the cyst was no longer there. In other words in popped, so I would no longer be in pain.. Wrong though, even though the cyst popped I still had pain. So yet again I was in a sticky situation.

The following day (Friday) I went to the doctor to find out once and for all what was wrong with me. The doctors were extremely nice, and told me that it would be best if I got another ultrasound as well as an x-ray. So as well as this, they also gave me some pain medicine to help me through the week, because not even Tylenol or ibuprofen would help with the pain I was having.

Today was the day I was scheduled to have the x-ray and ultrasound. They were pretty much pain free. I got to the Wellstar building where I was going to have them, and only had to wait for about 5 minutes before I had my x-ray. This was quick and easy and almost imediatly I had my ultrasound. This was a little scary for me, because I knew when the lady was going to do it she would have to push where it hurt most with the machine thingy. =) it wasn't as quick as I thought but for some weird reason I sensed that something really was wrong, by the way she looked, and how she mostly focused on two main points, and took pictures mostly of those.

We are supposed to hear back from the doctor as soon as the results are in, and they know if anything is wrong. So all I can say is there are the details for those of you who didn't know what I was going through, and Please, please, pray for me as I go through this pain, as well as waiting to see what's wrong. As well as praying for me to get better.

I will be posting asap as I hear so you guys will be updated. Sorry about the jumble of words. I'm abviously not thinking very well, so I hope you understood that well.

5 comments:

Andrea Hollis said...

i'll be praying babes:) love u:)

sarah said...

I am praying for you Elle- so sorry you are in pain! Please keep us posted!

RACHEL GANSTER said...

I hope your feeling better! I love you SO much!

Katelyn said...

hope you feel better soon! we'll be praying; keep us updated.

Grace Ann said...

sorry your in so much pain. I'll be praying! keep us posted.