Sunday, August 30, 2009

Vacation

We went to Virgina last Monday to stay with the Rhodes for a short vacation, and got back on Thursday (sorta like a long weekend) It was kinda more like Friday to Sunday. =D We got in Virgina Beach around almost 12, so when we got to where we were staying it was probably 12:30am. So Friday (technically the first day) We just sort of hung out, we went to the mall also, and then later that night the Rhodes had the Warnekes (SP) over for dinner, and we sort of just hung out. (just in case you don't know who any of these people are, they are probably 2 of our closests friends) Saturday, we went to the bay around 1 because we could not go to the beach (no thanks to Hurricane Bill) but nevertheless we had a fun time. After about 1 hour of the bay it started really flash flood poring, so we went back home. At around 7 I think we went to our other close friends the Elguts house to celebrate Aliya's, Benjamin Rhodes, and Cloe batton's 18th birthdays. they're all around the same days in September. after being there the entire night, I was SO tired, so we went home and got to bed. Sunday we went to church, and while we were there, we got to witness Eric Hughes (sp?) becoming senior pastor. After church, we rode home with the Hulmes (Ken Hulme) And we had lunch, and then watched (the filtered Guardian version) =D of P.S I love you. It is the sweetest movie ever, but I cannot recommend it because of the other half that we did not see of the movie that was filtered out =D after that we went home and watched I Am Legend (not everyone agreed this was okay to watch) So SOME of us watched it, while "other" stayed in the kitchen and made ice cream =). after that we went to bed, and Monday we packed up the car, and set off for another 10-11 hour drive (thanks to the doggies) And that was all, I didn't get many pictures, I do have some pictures that I am going to post though, so stay in touch.

2 comments:

Grace Ann said...

sounds like fun!

Abigail said...

Wow I didn't know there was a hurricane. Did you guys have lots of fun